Welcome to St Mark’s!
Updated September 2020
We are delighted that we can now meet together back in our beautiful building on Sunday mornings at 10 am. You can also join this service by Zoom; please contact the Vicar, Revd Clive Gardner (email@example.com) if you would like the Zoom link details.
You can see a video of the latest Sunday service on this page, and previous services on our YouTube channel.
If you are intending to attend the Sunday communion service, please note the following:
- If you feel unwell, please do not come to church; stay at home instead and seek medical help as appropriate.
- Please use the hand sanitising gel provided when you enter the building.
- We will be keeping a register of people who attend. This is for the sole purpose of contacting you if we are subsequently led to believe that someone attending a service was infected with the coronavirus.
- According to government rules, you should wear a face covering while in the building. There are some exceptions to this, including: children under the age of 11; if putting on, wearing or removing a face covering will cause you severe distress; and the minister while they are presiding, officiating or preaching. Further details about this can be found here.
- Social distancing must be maintained at all times. We have roped off every other pew to facilitate this.
- Our children’s groups are now meeting again in the hall and garden.
- Our socially distanced choir will lead the singing. You are welcome to listen to the hymns, to mouth the words, or to hum them, but not to sing along—even quietly!
- We will not take up a collection. However, a brass collection plate will be at the back of the church if you wish to put your gift there. Even better, you might like to consider giving to the church by a standing order.
- Afterwards we will not be serving any refreshments. If you wish to stay and chat to people, please do this in the open air outside the building, while always remaining socially distant. The garden will not be open.
Having said all that (and congratulations for getting this far down the page!), it would be lovely to see you on Sunday if you are able to be there!
On Wednesdays, St Mark’s is open for private prayer from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm. You are welcome to come and go at any time during this hour. Although it isn’t a service, a range of music is played (hymns, chants etc), there are periods of silence, and you are able to light a candle as a symbol of your prayers. Similar protection measure will be in operation as per Sundays (see above).
Other spiritual resources relating to the pandemic can be found here.
The Vicar (Reverend Clive Gardner) and the Pastoral Minister (Paula Thorvaldsen) are in regular contact with congregation members who are on their own or have particular needs. If you would like them to contact you, their details are:
You can still contact the Administrator and Church Office on firstname.lastname@example.org.
source of healing and comfort,
fill us with your grace,
that the sick may be made whole,
that those who care for us may be strengthened,
that the anxious may be calmed,
and those most vulnerable be protected
in the power of the Spirit
and in the faith of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.