We believe that children and young people have a special place in God’s heart and are not only the church leaders of tomorrow but an integral part of our church today.
We encourage children and young people to be fully participating members of our church family by listening to their voices, trusting them with responsibilities and valuing the differences they make to our church community.
We aim to equip children and young people for understanding, living and articulating their Christian faith within the wider world, providing them with the strongest possible foundation to continue in faith no matter what their lives may bring.
We want the church to be a place where children and young people from all backgrounds can have fun, make friends and find a sense of belonging in a safe and welcoming community.
- To provide an activity programme for the children and young people attending St Mark’s that develops their faith and encourages them to remain within the church community
- To provide an outreach programme that engages the local community, including Bishop Gilpin school, with the work of the church and encourages new members into the church family
- To develop regular meaningful and accessible worship for children and young people attending St Mark’s
- To encourage and enable genuine opportunities for children and young people to participate in the life and mission of the church
- To give young people an experience of the church beyond the local level
- To make church leaders and volunteers more aware of the support available to them for their ministry among children and young people
- To ensure the sustainability of our youth and children’s work