Bishop Gilpin School
We are delighted to work in partnership with our church school, Bishop Gilpin Church of England School. This is a popular primary school within our parish and close to St Mark's which was ranked as 'outstanding' in its last Ofsted inspection.
With the clergy at St Mary's Wimbledon, members of St Mark's take assemblies at the school, help at RE days, hold services for the school including regular school Eucharists, and participate in lessons. The Team Vicar is also on the governing body.
Many of the children in our Sunday Club attend Bishop Gilpin School.
The school was founded in 1758, in a building which still exists on the edge of Wimbledon Common and moved to its present site in 1966. It is housed in a modern single storey building set in two acres of rising ground. Extensive grassed sports facilities are shared with the neighbouring secondary school.
The school admits 60 children into the reception classes and there are no more than 30 children in each of the other classes. Admission can be via Foundation places (based on family church membership and a reference from the clergy) or Open places (based on nearness of the home address to the school). These places are divided 50:50. Registration for nursery places may occur just after a child's second birthday.
You can contact the school for further information at:
Tel: 020 8946 6666
Fax: 020 8944 0722